WE ADHERE TO AND SUPPORT THE 10 PRINCIPLES OF THE UNITED NATIONS GLOBAL COMPACT
This major United Nations initiative encourages the integration of social, environmental and governance principles in business activities. In the framework of the United Nations Global Compact, Novalume is committed to supporting and implementing the ten fundamental principles relating to human rights, labour standards, the environment and the fight against corruption.
With regard to ethical behaviour and corporate social responsibility, Novalume’s ambition is to be an exemplary company worldwide and integrates ethics into the very heart of its business practices. Novalume’s Code of Conduct is the reference document for these practices and the daily professional life of every cooperation partner. It helps each and every one of us to do the right thing and it applies to all staff and cooperation partners of the Novalume group and its subsidiaries worldwide. The digital version of the Novalume’s Code is available online at https://novalu.me/download.
At Novalume, our vision is to develop the best-in class lighting solutions and enable our customers to achieve more. Our vision, values and ethical principles guide us in our everyday actions.
ABOUT THE UN GLOBAL COMPACT
The United Nations Global Compact is a call to companies everywhere to align their operations and strategies with ten universally accepted principles, and to take action in support of UN goals and issues embodied in the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Launched in 2000, UN Goblal Compact is the largest corporate sustainability initiative in the world, with more than 8,800 companies and 4,000 non-business signatories based in over 160 countries, and more than 80 Local Networks. More info here: www.unglobalcompact.org
The UN Global Compact ten principles:
- Supporting and respecting the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights
- Making sure that they are not complicit in human rights abuses
- Upholding the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining
- Eliminating all forms of forced and compulsory labour
- Pursueing the effective abolition of child labour
- Eliminating discrimination in respect of employment and occupation
- Supporting a precautionary approach to environmental challenges
- Undertaking initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility
- Encouraging the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies
- Working against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery
Novalume is an innovative Danish company that works towards greener and smarter lighting solutions for municipalities around the world. Thanks to its “Pay-as-you-save“ financial model, Novalume is able to deliver complete Smart City Lighting solutions that make investing in LED and Smart City technology pay for itself from day one. No upfront investment is needed, your savings pay for your Smart City upgrade! Learn more here: novalu.me